The following terms and conditions relate to the warranty of Richter Audio Pty Ltd (Richter Audio) (ABN 22 613 067 815) products purchased within Australia.
This warranty applies from the date of purchase (Warranty Period): Passive Speakers – 5 Years | Active Speakers & Subwoofers – 2 Years |
Digital Radio – 1 year
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STANDARD WARRANTY
1. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. The benefits to the consumer given by this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to goods or services to which the warranty relates, being the Australian Consumer Law.
3. Subject to Clause 1 above and the terms below, as your Standard Warranty, Richter Audio agrees to repair or replace at cost the Richter Audio product, and any accessory supplied with the product, purchased by you in Australia when the product does not perform in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications during the
4. To make a claim under the Standard Warranty you will need to: (a) Contact Richter Audio through our website contact form or contact (02) 9999 3176 to speak to a customer service representative. (b) Refund or replacement via your Richter Audio’s Authorised Retailer is available for a period of 14 days after purchase for goods that have been inspected and determined to have a major failure. Refund and exchange is not applicable if you change your mind after purchase. (c) Note that you will need to submit proof of purchase (e.g. delivery invoice, invoice or purchase receipt) with your claim.
5. Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products. Replacement of the product or a part does not extend or restart the Warranty Period.
6. If the product presented for repair is capable of retaining user-generated data, you are advised that repair of the product may result in loss of the data. Richter Audio shall not be held responsible for any loss of such data as a consequence of fault-find or repair process.
7. The product will be at the owner’s risk whilst in transit to and from the Richter Audio Service Centre, unless transported by Richter Audio or 3rd party transport booked by Richter Audio.
8. Richter Audio will bear the expense of transport where transported by Richter Audio. Any other expense of claiming the warranty will be covered by the owner of the goods.
9. Richter Audio may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by them when the product is found to be in good working order. The owner of the goods will cover any return transport cost.
10. Products returned to Richter Audio by a courier and are damaged in transit by insufficient packing will be quoted and the cost of the repair will be covered by the owner of the goods.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
11. Subject always to Clause1 the Standard Warranty will not apply: (a) if the product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the product. (b) to damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the product. (c) to damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the product, or to any transportation costs of the product or any parts thereof to and from the owner, unless otherwise specified in this Warranty. (d) to any third-party software or hardware not contained in the product as originally configured by the manufacturer. (e) to any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the product to perform in accordance with its specifications.